Do you love music so much and you want to compose your own music? If you do not have enough assets to realize your dreams, you can always get assistance from these cool and free beat making software. You can create your own music with these software that offer various features, such as letting you make beats from scratch. You can save your new music in their old or new formats, such as OGG, MID, WAV, and more.
Whether you want to create hip hop, rap or any kind of music, here are the ten best free beat making software that you can download to realize your dreams!
Best Free Beat Making Software Available to Download
These free beat making software do not require an expert to operate their features. There are always new features added so do not forget to update your software. Let’s take a look at these free beat making software available for free.
The DrumFlow software developed by Nikolai Tikhonov is designed to be your excellent drum sequencer. It includes a build-in Drum Setup Editor for XG MIDI or GS and allows you to compose custom percussion parts. The drums are also adjustable and you can export the parts to your MIDI editor. Also, there are many sample files that you can use for more inspiration and customize them to create an even awesome music. While producing beats, you can easily adjust the tone and pitch, as well as the instructions for composing exceptional music!
- Full support for QS300
- Add grooves to patterns
- Volume slide window
- 2 MIDI Out devices
- Big or small tracks and customizable layout
- 10 adjustable drum setup parameters per drum
- 6 overall MIDI settings
- 16 drums and 32 sequencer
- 127 possible drums
Compatible with Windows and Mac, Hydrogen allows you to easily create, edit, mix, record, and compose your kind of music with its excellent features. This comes with an easy to use interface. There is no need to be an expert to master Hydrogen. You can make music with only few clicks! The sound library contains many drumkits that you can add to any pattern by simply dropping or dragging from the library. You can export your music files in may file formats such as WMV, MP3, and more without any problems!
- Unlimited number of patterns
- Multilayer support for instruments and up to 16 samples for each
- Time-line with variable tempo
- Multiple patterns at once
- Up to 192 ticks per pattern
- Unlimited music tracks
- Sample Editor with loop and cut functions
- Advanced tab-tempo
- MIDI learning with MIDI settings editor
Magix music maker offers studio-quality music production features. You can easily drop or drag songs, record and mix your music files in high resolution. You can combine samples with each other as well as with your melodies. You can easily adjust them to match with the tempo. Loops and sounds are on the right side so you can compose your music faster. Simply drag it on the track to combine with your song. You can also publish your music on many sites such as SoundCloud, YouTube, and Facebook.
- 64 tracks
- 5,000 sounds and 6,000 loops
- Drum engine
- Sample player and loop designer
- Beat Box set for house
- Electronica music
- MIDI editor
- Automatically adjusts to pitch change
This free drum machine software allows you to unleash your creativity with its unusual features and various tools. Ordrumbox can automatically compose melodic patterns, bass line, and complete songs. It only takes one click to listen to numerous patterns and you can change the compressor, style and tempo according to your choice. This software comes with rhythms database and sound database that you can edit. You can also change the built-in settings so you can easily create your own music. You can export your work to MID format or WAV.
- Create songs by assembling various patterns
- Use either random engine or automatic fill engine
- Create, modify, import, and save drum kits
- Natural language processing
- Assemble patterns in a song
- Generates and exports song and patterns in 16 bits/44 Khz
- Audio mixer for controlling volume, pitch, pano
This free beat making software is simple and very easy to use. It allows you to create your own beats, and you can also create techno loops, house beats or jungle patterns. It comes with various built-in drum sounds that you can mix to create new and awesome beats! Clicking “Stream to Disk” from the File menu lets you save the auto in RAW or WAV format. You can also save your tracks to its native format and other file formats. This software is only less than 1.5MB in size so the installation process is very quick. You can start creating your own music right away!
- 6 Separate channels
- 6 breakbeats
- 29 built-in drum sounds
- Import six samples of your own
- Save patterns to noise-free CD quality wave files
LMMS is an open source music making program that boasts its simple user interface. It provides incredible beats and music and comes with functions that are easy to control. LMMS also offers numerous sample tracks for free which can help you create your own music with different styles. You will also see various pre-sets that you can add to your music. It comes with many instruments that you can add to make your music even more plausible. You can save your music files in its default MMPZ or you can also save them in MMP format.
- Piano-Roll for editing melodies and patterns
- FX mixer with 64 FX channels
- Song-Editor for composing songs
- Arbitrary number of effects for unlimited mix
- Powerful instrument and effect plugins
- Full user-defined track-based automation
- Compatible with GUS Patches, VST(i), MIDI, SoundFont2, LADSPA, and more
This easy to use and free beat making software allows you to compose your very own music. You can simply use your keyboard or mouse to compose and save our music files to various formats, such as MID, WAV, OGG, FLAC, and more. Your music sheet can also be saved in PDF format. This software is highly recommended for beginners.
- Easy and fast note entry with keyboard, mouse or MIDI
- Playback with integrated sequencer & FluidSynth software synthesizer
- Create sheet music fast
- Import of xml, mxl, bww, md, mgu, sgu, kar, cap and ove
- Export to flac, ogg, png, svg, midi, ps, pdf and ly
8. FL Studio
This powerful free beat making software has been transformed from a MIDI sequencer to a fully-pledged audio editing program. FL Studio comes with multiple built-in tools that let you enhance your skills so you can create, record, and edit your music. Its multiple editing windows and browser view, like pattern, playlist or piano roll allow you to work effortlessly. If you are interested in connecting real instruments, this FL Studio is the best option for you. It features food pedal sustain support and handles multiple midi-ins.
- Impressive amount of plug-ins, such as Fruity Squeeze ad DirectWave
- Edit tracks in patter window that contains all selected instruments
- Food pedal sustain support and multiple midi-ins
- Multi-touch capability
- Smart search
- Multiple editing possibilities
- Lots of presets
9. Musink Lite
Musink Lite allows you to compose, edit and record music with ease. It is one of the simplest and easiest free beat making software that is also recommended for beginners. This software lets you zoom in and out to see your notes clearly. Musink will take care of the layout and music rules for you, such as note duration, title positioning, stem directions, page margins, mark arrangements, and bracket numbering. You can also control everything using keyboard shortcuts or even change the page layout in seconds by selecting a different template. You can also export your work as MIDI and publish your score as XPS, PDF or PNG image files.
- Auto-layout system
- Wide range of marks
- Select different instruments and modify accents
- Fast note input
- Multi-score projects
- Percussion – specific functionality
- MIDI playback
- Export MIDI and MIDI loops
- Multiple voices & voice groups
This free beat making software allows you to create your own music easily by using a sample music chords or inputting your notes. Simply select a sample and click the Compose button to start composing your own music. In the free version, you can compose a song up to 8 bars and save your music file in MIDI format.
- Easily change volume and tempo
- Use various samples and add notes
- Record your own voice
- User-friendly interface
- Create 8 bars of song for free version
- Read over notes
- Octaves, rhythm, and bass adjustments
To Wrap It Up
Creating your own music is not hard anymore. There is no need to buy expensive musical instruments or ask someone for help. Fortunately, these free beat making software make composing music easier and more convenient for everyone who wants to become a musician! We hope that this guide helped you out in choosing the best free beat making software according to your need.
Which one is your favorite? Share your thoughts with us in the comments section below!