One thing that can be said about Amazon Prime is how great their movie selection is. Aside from movies, they can offer a lot more. They have television shows and web series that you can watch as long as you are an Amazon Prime member. A lot of members have already tried using the Amazon Prime video streaming. There is no reason why you should not try it soon.The best way that you can watch Amazon Prime video is through Chromecast. Even without an Amazon Fire TV or a TV stick, you can still watch all of your favorite movies, shows and web series. There are different ways that you can use your Chromecast though.
- Through your computer or laptop
- Through your Android smartphone
- Through your tablet
Your Amazon Prime Membership
Before anything else, it is important that you understand how valuable your Amazon Prime membership is going to be. There are various benefits that you can get that is beyond getting your ordered item in 2 days or less. These are the other perks you can get:
- You can get earlier deals as compared to other Amazon Prime customers.
- You can stream Amazon Prime videos.
- You can also get unlimited streaming of music.
- You can get unlimited storage for your photos through your Amazon Cloud.
- You can access Kindle’s Lending Libary. Just imagine having your own personal library with thousands of e-books that you can rent for a certain period of time.
- There are some lighting deals that other regular Amazon customers will not hear about that you can avail.
You should expect that a lot of the shows that will be available for watching are Prime content. This means that you will not find the same shows elsewhere. There are some exclusives that you should not miss such as Mr. Robot. If you are from the United States, you can watch Mr. Robot on your television but if you are from a different country, this will only become available through Amazon Video.
The videos that you can watch can come in various settings namely:
- Standard Definition – You need an internet connection speed of about 900Kbps
- High Definition – You need an internet connection speed of 3.5Mbps
- 4K Ultra HD – You need an internet connection speed of 15 Mbps
You can always aim to watch your videos through 4K Ultra HD provided that you have a high speed internet connection at home and you know that the movies you are watching will not lag. If you do not want to pay for the membership yet or you want to see what Amazon has to offer first, they offer a 30 day free membership to first time users. You can then decide after 30 days if you want to continue with the services of Amazon Prime or not.
Offline Viewing Through Amazon Prime
There are some moments wherein you would like to watch movies when you are not connected to the internet and you cannot help but wonder if this is possible through Amazon Prime. The good news is that it is possible. Just remember that not all movies, shows or web series can be available for viewing later.
You can save up to two videos or shows at a time. Beyond that, you have to watch the others while you are online or remove the first two that you have saved before. Another thing to remember is that the saved shows will not be available after 48 hours. If you forget to watch it two days after you have downloaded it, expect that it will be removed from your list.
The Things You Will Need
You cannot expect that just because you have a membership with Amazon Prime, all the things that you need will be handed down to you, right? These are the other things you need to have so you can start watching from your computer or your smartphone now.
- Google Chromecast
- Amazon Prime Membership
- High Speed Internet connection
- Device from where you are going to watch the movies, series or television shows from.
If you want to watch the shows offered by Amazon Prime on your television, you may do it provided that you have a compatible television set. Smart TVs usually allow you to stream with ease but if you do not have that yet, you can purchase a set top box to make this possible.
Watching Amazon Prime Video with Chromecast from your Laptop
There are a lot of web browsers that you can use but which one do you prefer? A lot of people love using Google Chrome most of all and this is what they are most familiar with. Your Google Chromecast device can be very useful for this. If you have not used Google Chrome just yet, you need to install it on the laptop or computer that you are using.
Here are the steps that you have to follow so you can start streaming videos from Amazon Prime Video effectively.
- Open your Google Chrome browser.
- Go to your prime account that you can access through Amazon.com.
- Search for the Prime drop down arrow.
- Once the list drops down, pick watch.
- You can take a look at the different shows and movies that are available and find the one that you want to watch the most.
- You also have an option to create a watch list. This will be composed of all the movies, shows and web series that you want to watch.
- The moment that you have already selected a video, this will start playing on the browser.
Now you have to know how the controls work so you can watch the shows and movies that you want to watch better.
- There is a Chromecast icon that will appear on the upper right hand corner of your browser.
- There is a list that will appear select Google Chromecast Device.
- Choose Cast Tab.
- The video that you have chosen will start playing on the device that you have chosen. It can be on your television or your other devices.
Setting Up Your Chromecast Extension
If in case you need the Chromecast Extension in order to start watching videos, you have to do the following steps:
- Open up your Google Chrome Web Browser.
- Copy and paste this link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-cast/boadgeojelhgndaghljhdicfkmllpafd?hl=en
- There is a blue button there that says Add to Chrome.
- Click on Add Extension.
- Wait for the Chromecast icon to appear on the upper right hand side of your laptop or computer.
One of the changes that has occurred recently is that you do not need to have Google Cast extension anymore just to make use of Chromecast. Just one note to remember: you cannot use the Google Chromecast effectively if you have not updated your web browser.
Watching Amazon Prime Video with Chromecast From Your Android Device
You first need to download the Google Chromecast application on your device. You also need Amazon Prime Instant Video App. By having both of these application, streaming the video that you want to watch from Amazon Prime can be available right at your very own smartphone. Admittedly, it is easier to use Chromecast through your laptop or PC but if you want to watch from your handy device, it is possible.
The Google Chromecast application can be easily downloaded from the Play Store while the Amazon Prime Instant Video application can be downloaded from the Amazon App Store. Once again, downloading will only take a few minutes of your time and it will be worth it in the end so do it.
How to Install Amazon App Store
In order to download the Amazon App Store from your device, you need to use your phone’s web browser. Search for Amazon App Store then look for the install button. Make sure that your phone allows downloads from third party websites or websites that are outside Play Store.
- Go to your home screen.
- Choose Settings.
- Open Applications (Take note that in some Android phones, this can be found under Security.)
- Search for the option for “Unknown Sources.”
- Check the box beside it so that your device will allow downloads from other websites.
- You will be given a warning regarding the potential risks that may occur because of turning on this option.
- Continue with allowing your device so you can download the Amazon App Store.
If you feel uncomfortable about this option being turned on, you can always turn it off again once you are finished with downloading.
How to Install Amazon Prime Instant Video
The moment that you have the Amazon App Store installed on your device, you can download Amazon Prime Instant Video.
- At the search bar, search for Amazon Prime Instant Video.
- Click install.
- Wait for the installation to finish.
Using Google Chromecast from your Android Device
Once you already have all the needed applications, this is the time when you can start streaming through your device. This is the process that you have to follow:
- Open Google application.
- There is an icon there that you can click that will reveal a menu.
- Choose “Cast Screen.”
- There are various Chromecast devices available.
- Select the device you are going to cast to like your Android device.
- Once you click OK, your device’s screen will be cast on your Chromecast device.
Here are further steps to do:
- Select the Amazon Prime Instant Video Application.
- Select the movie or the series that you want to watch.
- Start watching.
You should remember that the whole time you are streaming the video from Amazon Prime, your phone’s screen will be turned on the whole time. There is a big possibility that you will run out of battery faster especially if your screen settings are turned to bright and you want to watch with a loud volume. If you have a powerbank however, this is not going to be an issue.
Some Things to Note
Casting will always be a more convenient way for you to watch the movies, videos and web series that you have always wanted but there are some things you ought to remember:
- The video quality for videos will be available only up to 720p. This is different from some of the videos that can be watched directly from Amazon wherein videos can have a quality of up to 1080p.
- The audio’s quality may be lowered a bit.
- Signal dropouts may occur from time to time so try to make sure that you are connected to high speed internet so this will not be a problem.
- Even if you would cast through your television, you cannot use your remote in order to make adjustments with the video that you are watching. You still need to use your laptop in order to make some adjustments with the sound or the brightness of your screen.
Aside from Chromecast, you can still watch the videos that are offered through Amazon in different ways. For example, do you know that you can watch through a game console? As long as you have one of the major game consoles, expect that it can do so much more for you. Casting can be similar to the methods that are mentioned above. The only difference is that you will use your joystick in order to navigate the videos you are watching.
Based on the things that are mentioned above, you may already have an idea about how having an Amazon Prime Membership can be very helpful for you. No need to think about the things that you will watch on television because you can decide on the shows that you want to watch depending on your preference. You can also access some shows that are not available elsewhere. This privilege is only available if you are an Amazon Prime Member.
Whether you prefer to watch through your PC or laptop or you would rather stream with the use of your Android phone, make sure to have Google Chromecast available to make casting easier for you to do. Choose the movies that you want to watch and enjoy.